Windows XP/7/8/8.1, Server 2003 (R2), Server 2008 (R2), Server 2012 (R2).
- Do NOT have the Rapidport/4 plugged into the USB port when starting the driver installation.
- You must have Administrator rights when installing the Rapidport/4 driver.
- At this time, the current Rapidport/4 driver is v5.70, and it's compatible with the following Operating Systems:
Both 32-bit and 64-bit OS's are compatible.
To verify the Rapidport/4 is installed properly:
- Download the Rapidport driver: http://ftp1.digi.com/support/driver/40002537_J.exe
- Right-click 40002537_J.exe and select Run as Administrator.
- Click the Setup button. A black window will appear for the driver installation. Once the black window has disappeared, plug the Rapidport/4 into an available USB port. The Rapidport/4 should automatically get installed.
Screenshot of the Edgeport Configuration Utility:
- Click Start.
- Select Programs.
- Select Digi USB.
- Click Edgeport Configuration Utility.
- Confirm the Rapidport/4 appears under the General tab.
- Double-click the Rapidport/4, to expand it, and confirm that all 4 of the serial (COM) ports are listed.
Note: If further information is needed on the Rapidport/4, please refer to the Rapidport Installation Guide: